Thursday 9 February 2012

Nostalgia

Recently I watched a stream of a few cpu controlled royal rumble matches and it made me think back to times playing wrestling games on N64 with my friends. Our favourite was always WWF No Mercy, largely considered to be the best wrestling game for the console. With multiple unlockable characters, arenas, moves and ring attire along with a campaign for each championship belt with multiple paths, WWF No Mercy's content rivals what is done in today's games even with the lack of memory in a cartridge. Gameplay not as much, but it is certainly still fun if you have fond memories of it.


So with no working controllers I looked to the emulation route and I have been loving playing this thing with a Ps3 controller. It will probably be the first thing I stream so any wrestling fans interested should let me know if they need a heads up when I start doing that, of course the videos will be saved to my stream anyway so have no fear! I will be taking user suggestions for choices in campaign mode(though there are few) and probably creating a wrestler as well.

While on the subject, if anybody has any requests for games for me to stream I will see what I can do.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for checking out the blog , if you ever get stuck with anything feel free to drop a comment or message . Nice blog by the way , looking forward to what you'll be posting in the future .

    ReplyDelete